If you are reading this before setting up your speaker, we advise you to try setting it up before consulting your router settings.
However, if you already have tried setting up your speaker, either without luck or with less good results, reading on could benefit your Dynaudio Music experience.
Dynaudio Music is designed to be simple to use for everybody in the household but when dealing with wireless connectivity there’s a certain level of complexity involved, mainly the Wi-Fi connection. Certain settings can be applied to the router for better results.
Below is a list of our recommended settings:
- Avoid emoji’s in speaker name, router name (SSID) and router password.
- Make sure that 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n and/or 5 GHz 802.11n is activated.
- Note 802.11ac is not supported.
- Use channel 1-11 on 2.4 GHz.
- Channel 12 and 13 are not supported.
- Use channel 36-48 on 5 GHz.
- Channels above 48 is not supported, read more here.
- Keep bandwidth at 20 MHz on 2.4 GHz and max 40 MHz on 5 GHz to avoid interference.
- Use WPA2-PSK (AES) security only.
Other settings that can influence the experience:
- Enable QoS WMM
- Enable IGMP snooping
- Disable User Isolation
- Make sure your router is running the latest firmware.
Please consult your routers setup manual on how to access and edit the settings above.
If you have an extended network with access points etc., make sure the settings are applied to them as well.